Hi guys! Over the past couple of days i’ve Been organising and packing my hospital bag. Now it’s almost done there’s only a few bits and bobs to add so I thought I would let you guys have a look in and see what I’ve decided to take with me. I know I am only 33 weeks and it might seem a little early for some but this is my first pregnancy and I really just Want everything ready to go just incase anything happens.
So I’ve decided on a little suitcase. Which I think is the best option considering carrying anything is a challenge even now nevermind in the middle of labour :)) unfortunately I can’t link this one for you as it’s so old but any small suitcase does the same.
So first I’ll go over what I packed for the baby. So I do know the gender which he’s a little boy!! So I was able to pack clothes for him and not worry about the colours too much.
So for clothes I packed him:
- 3 Vests
- 3 bodysuits
- 2 Sleepsuits
- 1 Set of pyjama bottoms and t-shirt
- 1 pair of scratch mitts
- 1 pair of socks
- Coming home outfit
So for the clothes I packed them in sets of outfits in little ziplock bags with a vest and bodysuit in each. Then I labelled them accordingly.
If your wondering why I only added one pair of socks and mitts it’s because I specifically picked out sleepsuits that came with them already built in. I haven’t added in hats or outer wear Such as a cardigan or booties and gloves as the ones I want to take with me my mum is in the middle of knitting them.
The outfit I choose for the baby coming home in is quite summery as he is due in the height of summer.
He will still have to be well wrapped up in this outfit because he won’t be well adjusted to the weather so a plain white knitted cardigan, hat, mitts and booties will go along with this once they are ready.
Next I packed some extra essentials for baby like :
- A blanket
- Nappies (I asked, Not provided by hospital)
- Baby wipes, which they do suggest using cotton wool and water which will probably be the case when I’m at the hospital but these will come in handy for other things.
- Nappy bags, for packaging away soiled clothes etc
- Some baby wash and oil, just in case they try to use anything else on him. As I’m adamant that Johnson’s is a good brand.
Yes, the blanket is pink. If I’m being honest I’m not big on the “Pink for girls / Blue for boys” thing. It’s 2018 my son will wear a Little bit of floral pattern and pink here and there. It’s no big deal it’s not as if I’m going to put him in a big flouncy dress, or am I? I’m only kidding but yes a pink blanket. It’s cute.
Now moving onto what I packed for myself. For clothes I haven’t picked anything fancy. Nothing tight, nothing uncomfortable. So for clothes I packed:
- Size XXL t-shirt, for labour.
- 2 maternity vests, as it’ll be so warm in the room itself
- 1 pair of men’s joggers
- 1 pair of maternity jeans (loose fit)
- Nursing bra
- 4 Pairs of old, big knickers
- Fluffy socks, as your feet get cold in Labour I’ve read
I think the amount of clothes I’m taking is enough but I can always have someone bring me in more if need be.
Keeping everything dark or very busy print is quite sensible if your trying to avoid obvious staining but if your not too bothered pop in a pair of white skinny jeans :// I’m only kidding. Maybe keep them for another time.
Really the only other things left are toiletries and a few random bits. In my toiletries bag I’m taking :
- Stretch mark cream, this ones from B&M. I’ve been using it for a bit and it’s alright.
- Nipple cream , again from the same place but this is amazing!! My nipples were all cracked and dry earlier on in my 2nd trimester and this cleared it up so quick. Was gone by the morning.
- Roll on deodorant, I only assume that spray deodorant isn’t allowed considering there’s babies everywhere.
- Shower gel
- Toothbrush and toothpaste
- lip balm
- straws for drinking with, I’ve been recommend these plenty as it’s easier than having to stop and change position to get a drink
I also am taking some maternity pads and breast pads, the ones I’ve seen well recommended is the Kotex night time ones. There also very cheap and are available in Poundland. The breast pads I’ve decided on are the Superdrug’s own brand, I’ve seen mixed reviews on them but I thought I would try them out for myself as they also were only £1.
That’s everything now. I don’t think I can downsize any more. I think I have all the absolute essentials. If there’s anything you think I have missed or anything you think is a waste of time taking please let me know down below in the comments. I hope this has helped some of you out there who like me had no idea what to pack.